Saturday, November 6, 2010

Patrick Lee/THE BREACH


I just finished this and I'm not sure I can formulate any coherent thought other than YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. LIKE STARTING YESTERDAY.

This one took me by the throat in the first sentence and didn't let go until the last. Actually, it didn't let me go at the last sentence. It didn't let me go at all. Luckily there's a sequel coming out at the end of December, titled GHOST COUNTRY.

Read this. If you have to sell a kidney (to steal Simon's suggestion) just to get the mass market paperback, do it. If you love thrillers, you'll love this. If you love SF, you'll still love it. If you love taut, no-nonsense writing that tells the damn story, you'll love this.

BIG new fan of Patrick Lee. One of the few books I've read in a while that left me shaking.

3 comments:

stacy said...

I know this isn't much of a review, but I can't do much better than this right now. Sorry.

Janet Reid said...

It works for me!

Thanks Stacy!

Lydia Sharp said...

Wow. Adding this to my reading pile ASAP.

No need to apologize, I know exactly how you feel. When a book shakes you to the core, it is difficult to write a review that doesn't come out like blabbering fangirl nonsense. Been there. And that's how I know this book is worth reading. Thanks for the rec!