Thursday, December 10, 2009

Faith Bleasdale/THE LOVE RESORT

A romance novelist who runs a resort so she can see the beautiful people and put them in her book is disappointed by the caliber of her guests so handpicks six gorgeous people to visit but is then disappointed by their behavior.

That's not much of a summary sentence, and it does leave out a lot of things, but I think that's at least partly because the book seemed all over the place. Hollywood stars, affairs, a novelist who doesn't even try to write...

The handpicked people are of course not what they seem, but not in a particularly interesting way for me. Some of the characters were interesting but a lot felt cliched to me.

The romance novelist made me crazy, there was again a thread of prospering cheaters (I'm 0 for 3 on that today... WHY is that a theme in so many books?) and the writing itself really lacked polish for me. The ending felt tacked on and overall I wasn't thrilled with the book.

No comments: