Sunday, November 9, 2008

Don't Look Back by Karin Fossum


Newer mystery by a Norwegian author. Fifteen year old girl is murdered in a small town where everyone knows each other.

I really enjoyed this book. I wanted a glimpse into the lives of everyday Norwegians & was intrigued that murder could really happen in such a passive country. The characters were fine; the writing was well thought out for a mystery....all the right elements. I would definitely like to read more of Fossum's novels. I do hope that she is less kind in her treatment of the victims. She must be a mother. I am a mother, too, and although I would never write a mystery, when I read one (P.D. James, Ngaio Marsh.....) I find it more credible when the victims have suffered so that in the end, there is more gratification when the perpetrator is brought to justice.

No comments: