Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New York Trilogy :: Paul Auster


I'm late on this! I finished this last week, and now I've forgotten everything I wanted to say. But you can check my prior entries on City of Glass, Ghosts and Locked Room on my own blog. I guess the one thing to say is that this was my first Auster. The stories were very intellectual, made me think about a lot of things. The guy's clearly trying to do something, present something, and he's very smart about it. It's a little abstract, a little creepy, but I liked it, but I must say I liked Locked Room the least out of the three perhaps because I got used to the absurdity of the first two, and the second was more real and yet still existed in the same world of the weird. But all in all, enjoyable.

[I love the new cover, by the way.]

No comments: